Last night I sat down did my questionnaire and looked at my logs for my first week. I had some big successes. I gave up coffee cold turkey and only ate at a restaurant one time. This is versus daily before the program. I had some challenges with being injured, eating after seven, and meditation. However, I feel overall the first week may have been tough but I rose to the challenge. Even without being able to do the exercises I lost 5 pounds. This upcoming week my goal is work even harder at meeting the requirements. Now that my ankle is getting better I can do the strength training this week but still no cardio. I can walk but only with a pronounced limp and it still hurts. I will also be working even harder at the nutrition portion of the program. I am committing to not eating after seven at all this week. That is going to be the toughest thing for me. However, if I am organized and mindful about getting my calories in during the day it should be o.k.
I think the first week was tough for all of us. Part of my morning ritual now is checking everyone’s blogs. It gives me the sense that we are all in this together. I am not the only one who finds this difficult or challenging. Thank you all for sharing your stories it really does make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am glad to see that you're up and about -- I think you're brave to continue on the Project after suffering such a nasty fall. And I agree with you - the first week was, pretty much, hell.
ReplyDeleteKeep on keepin' on! You've got the hang of it.!
ReplyDeleteDuh ... I forgot to do the questions. Not being so mindful. I will do it now and give it to Chris tomorrow! Hang in there, Christine
ReplyDeleteSam, great stuff! Here's to more success in Week 2!!
ReplyDeleteSam, well done you! Keep healing.
ReplyDeleteSam, I feel inspired by you! How many people would have gotten hurt and said "Bag this" but you stuck with it and found a way to work it out. Next time I am whining about something being too tough, I will think of you! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Sam! The eating at night is still the biggest thing for me to get over. Well....that and the coffee...... :0)
ReplyDeleteWay to go on five pounds! Heal that ankle and do a bit of cardio and you will see those pounds go off even quicker.
Hope to see you at the shop on Saturday!
-Rob