Saturday night while leaving a restaurant I fell down four stairs and sprained my ankle. I must say this is not too surprising as I hurt at least one of my ankles every winter…graceful I am not. What surprised me most was that my utter disappointment in not being able to start the cardio portion of the program on Monday overshadowed the pain and utter inconvenience of my injury. Hopefully I will be able to do at least some of the strength training by Tuesday but currently I can barely walk to the bathroom let alone jog around the block. However, this is life and this program is about creating sustainable life changes. Things come up, challenges will occur, and we can either throw in the towel or we can make adjustments. As far as I am concerned I will simply have to hit the ground limping tomorrow instead of running but at least I am hitting the ground.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Hit the ground…limping
Saturday night while leaving a restaurant I fell down four stairs and sprained my ankle. I must say this is not too surprising as I hurt at least one of my ankles every winter…graceful I am not. What surprised me most was that my utter disappointment in not being able to start the cardio portion of the program on Monday overshadowed the pain and utter inconvenience of my injury. Hopefully I will be able to do at least some of the strength training by Tuesday but currently I can barely walk to the bathroom let alone jog around the block. However, this is life and this program is about creating sustainable life changes. Things come up, challenges will occur, and we can either throw in the towel or we can make adjustments. As far as I am concerned I will simply have to hit the ground limping tomorrow instead of running but at least I am hitting the ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hang in there Chica!
ReplyDeleteSam, sent you an email too but oh my, bless your heart AND your ankle. Good energy coming your way for fast healing and low pain and swelling.
ReplyDelete